Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Getting Shitty

Hating the Business School again.

I was incoherent today. I slept just about 3 hours last night because I had a Chinese exam today, but I really did not utilize this time to study. Instead, I watched graffiti videos and talked shit. Anyway i had a case study due today with my IS group. In the past, other groups just turned in the case study and our professor led a discussion on the readings and study. But today she decided to do something new and special--instead of her leading these discussions one representative in the group would lead. Of course because I was a wreck and I was born in the states, so naturally I was chosen to represent our group. It was terrible. I made absolutely no sense, completely unable to articulate any cohesive thoughts. I looked like a fool, I had never been so embarrassed in my life. But the boy who makes eyes at me sometimes alleviated some of the humiliation by helping me answer questions and add to the shit I was pooping out of my mouth. I don't know his name, but I wanted to give him a hug.

No more threats okay Frances.

I just bought my Sasquatch tickets. Thank you very much to those of you who had no faith in me—the H.MO’s.

Biking through Portland.

The plan goes as follows: take a train to Portland after spring quarter is over to see Dosh at Doug Fir on June 12 and then do a bike tour of Portland and its coffee shops. I don't care how nerdy you guys think I am.

this is Black Sheep Bakery in the Hawthorne neighborhood of portland.

Tight Pants

I've been eating a lot in the past few weeks, and as a result my pants are tighter then they have been in years. This means that i have primarily resorted to wearing tunics and avoid wearing form fitting tees. I have this pair of gray jeans that were already kind of tight, but are now uncomfortably tight. Sometimes it's hard to sit down and I don't bend so well, I found that bending to the side is the best in those jeans. Give me some more time and I'll be wearing sweats and moo moo's.

Sunday Brunches

I've been terrible. I've missed the past 2 Sunday brunch, yet my pants are still so tight. I think last last Sunday was a combination of tim and my fault. But last Sunday was my fault. I didn't get up until noon, which is really rare but I got had a rough weekend. Tim was a hater and he had shitty food at Table219, formerly known as El Greco.

Getting Shitty

Friday
I
had a good weekend. I have been planning to get real shitty for a long time. As planned, I got real shitty. I got off work on Friday and went with Frances to my friend Chris' art opening at the Phinney Ridge/Greenwood art walk. Being a relatively small neighborhood the art walk was surprisingly big--spanning over 27 blocks. Frances stole a boot, 1 boot from a toddler. she took it right off her foot and ran away. she really had no shame. We ate at this restaurant called Olive You. I kept on telling Frances that I Olived Her. i don't think she thought it was as funny as I did. that's typical. Anyway the music was really loud and dark inside but there was a belly dancer that made Frances uncomfortable. Just imagine if someone just belly danced as they walked, even better imagine doing it up and down stairs at a very fast pace. I had some eggplant dish, which was so good. God damn it was good.

We left the restaurant and headed back to U-district to drink the wine that Frances had been carrying. We went to tim's and emily and owen were there. It started out very slow just drinking some and socializing and then all of sudden I just get ridiculously drunk. I remember being completely fine one second and then next second I am drunkenly cutting up oranges my parents bought for me. Sadly that's really all I remember of that night. I remember hearing voices but not seeing a god damn thing. But the next day I slowly pieced together that night. I was nuts. I put on tim's clothes and then tim started reading to me thinking that this would prevent me from getting sick. What a great idea.

Saturday
The first thing I say when I walk into work on Saturday is "I'm a mess." Working is never bad with weston. He's great. I'm really sad that's he's leaving to New York for grad school, but I'm really happy for him I'll just miss him and sven. Ashley was having a sushi making party. admittedly I was a little hesitant to go to this party because 1. I was really hung over and tired; 2. it was a bunch of ashley's language partner's friends that I didn't really know. To my surprise it was amazingly fun. It was kind of chaotic with all the people cooking in the kitchen. But we set up a bunch of sushi making ingredients on the table and just made what ever we wanted. I met a bunch of cool international students from mainly Taiwan and Korea. Again, to my surprise they drank a lot. Holy shit, from what I've experienced people from Asia, particularly students don't drink very much. These kids knew how to drink, going through a few cases of beer, a fifth of vodka, and the biggest bottle of sake I've ever seen. Taiwanese people love mayonnaise! i was so full, but that didn't stop me from devouring a large slice of rosemary pear upside cake and two scopes of icecream. it was delicious. Ashley made it and it was perfect--not too sweet and somewhat savory. somewhere in between eating way to much and drinking more then we should the party died down a little bit and colin arrived looking devilishly handsome. they say distance makes the heart grow fonder. i haven't seen that shit head in weeks. he looks like a different man.

one of the tawainese kids, Daren, loves to take photos. so we looked through some slideshows that he had of his adventures in the states. he had a few random pictures of american children, which i thought were funny. so, Mei, Ashley's language partner asks, "so what is it called, someone who likes children?" Ashley and I look to each other and we both say, "pedophile." Immediately after Mei yells, "Daren's a pedophile." Ashley then explains the negative definition of the word pedophile and warns the international students to never yell that in public, especially if you're taking pictures of kids. good advice, that could have been sticky.

I watched Lilya 4-ever at Tim's. It's confirmed that it is one of the most depressing movies.

Sunday
I missed brunch but met Tim at Stumptown on Pine. Attempted to study. Studying is hard given the any other option. Lest to say that not much studying happened. the people working at Stumptown were really nice but played lots of metal/screm-o tunes. It got unbearable at times.

Tim was trying to convince me to convert my bike to a single speed for his own reasons, which I completely respect but can't do. I'm not fit enough bike up hills with one gear, sorry I got stumps.

Frances later joined us and we studied and fought. I wonder what people think about us when we're in public? God I guess I don't want to know. they probably think we're some dysfunctional three-some couple. hot--not really. We ate at De-luxe Bar and Grill on Broadway. It reminded me of a dimmer and gayer Red Robins or Applebees--having a comparable menu and music selection. Frances had i think a crab sandwich with onion rings. Fried food is Frances specialty. Thankfully it's fair food season. Deep fried everything, it's the american way. Tim had the Monte Cristo, which was a sandwich with I don't know what inside deep fried, sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with some kind of jam. Sounds gross, but apparently it was delicious. I had some ravioli, it was sub-par and a rip off. But Tim helped me finish. Boy can that skinny piece of shit put away food.

What's ahead.

applying for internships
signing up for summer [lame] and fall courses
wasting time doing group projects
wasting time doing chinese
being more forward and pounce
symphony on Thursday
French Kicks show on Friday
biking
saving money
keeping my room clean
sleepy and eating regularly
glory-holing
being 21 and picking up studs at the bar
seeing family

Final thought.

picnics and alcohol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

watermelon/pineapple and picnics and alcohol?

you old man, you.

sincerely,
h.mo #1*


*let's not forget who was first in this h.mo game eh?