Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"I'm going to kill myself, write a new blog homo."

That is exactly what Frances texted me last week. Frances is going through a lot and not reading my blog every morning before she uses the restroom to drop a deuce is causing her so much pain. My blog was on hiatus for more than a weekend, let me re-cap all the adventures and thoughts i've had as of recent. But first let me tell you about today.

I just got done watching There Will Be Blood. This movie was unbearable for so many reasons, many of which are not worth noting. This entire movie made me feel terrible--the music, the acting, the scenes, everything gave me a horrible feeling. the music was great, it narrated the scenes so well. The music at times, however, made me feel frantic, as it was a theme for me throughout the movie.
Ryan even felt the same way. Perhaps, the perpetual feeling of distress indicates how amazing this movie really is. The fact that it evokes such strong feelings is quite remarkable. I hated, HATED Daniel Dan Lewis' character so much. Every bone of my body hated his character. I started out hating his character from the beginning and expected his character to get better, but he only got worse. His character continued to digress--all caused by greed. This is the problem with money, it's addictive--once you start making a lot of money you can't stop, and won't stop. I can't talk about this movie any longer, it'll make me more depressed.

Frances, Tim, and I have become this trio [three-way] of shit talkers. We just talk shit all day to each other and about everything else. We always joke about how we are all becoming the same person--a gay man. Yes, that's right, a gay man. Frances and I are transforming in men who wear flannel and like woman. Tim has remained a man, but likes men--specifically other men named Tim [Tim Sweeny and so on]. So anyway, yes there's more emphasis really on the progression of Frances and I becoming the same person. We order pretty much the same drink [soy latte and soy cappuccino], say the same phrases, have the same wallet that is almost the same color, make awkward situations more awkward, work at coffee shops, and sometimes wear similar outfits. It's been made official, we've completely assimilated. Our jokes have manifested itself into reality. Today Frances and I wore almost the exact outfit--skinny jeans, red flannel and mustard yellow jacket, and the same coat from CHINA! We were not complete twins, there were slight variations. Frances had gray skinny jeans, and I had blue skinny jeans; she had a mustard yellow hoodie, I had a mustard yellow cardigan; the same coat that we both got in China, but hers was gray and mine was black. When we realized what was happened we started laughing uncontrollably. The laughing was interspersed with things like, "Oh my god," "I can't believe this is happening," "I don't want to talk about it." What was worse was that our classmates noticed. I think they already think bad things about us, this incident just worsened it.

I don't want to talk about it.

It rained again today. I went to Victrola on 15th and met with Frances to do some work--don't worry I changed my outfit. I think Frances was offended and may very well still be offended that I changed my outfit. She said to me, "Liz why are you so embarrassed, why don't you just embrace and accept it." Oh Frances, I just can't. You know that I am in denial of everything in my life, accept that homegirl. Anyway there's a painfully gorgeous man--no, guy that works at Victrola. I had a traditional cappuccino to start[made by my crush], which was okay, nothing too spectacular, but later I had a macchiato, which was amazing. Great shot, amazing milk. There was even a heart on the top, which is really difficult to do in macchiatos.

Okay now I will start my real re-cap. Let's start with Friday, the 11th. It started with me skipping my only class of the day. God, I'm a mess. I met Frances and Tim at Jewel of India for lunch. They had just seen the Dalai Lama, and of course Tim was talking shit. This was a momentous day, not because they saw the Dalai Lama, but because Tim decided to break up with us, us being Frances and I. I don't even remember why he did--really that's how unimportant it was, but he vengefully did it and left us. I worked. It was so slow, excruciatingly slow. I work with Dylan, which is something that doesn't happen very often, but am glad that they are happening more often now. I really like Dylan. I feel bad because I think I scare him with what I say, probably make him feel awkward with the indirect advances I make at him, and I also shit talk him a lot. We had a good time I think. I was supposed to go out with Jon and the rest of Hard City Refugee house but plans foiled. I went to over to Ryan's and we watched the Beatles anthology. While we were watching I look behind us, outside the window and realize that there is a homeless man pushing a shopping cart staring through the window watching the Beatles with us. He must have been there for 20 minutes or so. He was unfazed by passer byers and even our stares.

Jesus, I think I need to cut my hair. I know I have been saying that I am letting it grow long, but give me some credit I've let it grow longer than I have in years. I think on average I've been telling Colin that I am trying to grow out my hair twice or three times a year, but always fall weak and give up during the awkward stage of hair growth. It's also growing wild. It flips out uncontrollably in the back and waves in no particular pattern in the front. I look something like a pre-pubescent hippie surfer boy. Maybe I'll grow into this look. With Frances and I quickly becoming the same man, I think I may be forced to continue to let my hair grow for the sake of differentiation. We'll see how this unfolds.

As much as I'd like to continue blogging I need to sleep much more. Forgive me if this entry lacks coherence, I'm fucking tired. There's so much more that needs to be told about Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I need to stop before I go crazy. See you tomorrow babes.


No comments: