Monday, April 7, 2008

My legs hurt.

Spring quarter just started last week and again I find myself questioning why the fuck I continue schooling. I think the biggest part is that, although business classes can be interesting they're pretty boring and the some of the people are just toolbags. Take for example the seemingly normal looking guy that sits in front of me in my Information System class [yikes I know I suck] until he stands up and exposes his crew-neck tucked into his pants that are up to his chest. He is the know it all that inevitably everyone has in class. On numerous occasions he idiotically spoke out in front of the class acting like he knew everything about computers and shit and then the teacher corrects him and he gets so defensive and argues and DOES NOT STOP. I could not help but laugh. So yes, I am that bitch in the class that makes no attempt to make friends and keeps quiet. I know, I know this sounds nothing like me, but I just tell myself that my "peers" here at the good old business school are here to exploit the poor and exhaust [limited] resources for the sake of their own wealth and to fuel corporate America's blatant corruption. The business school is all about bull-shitting and looking good. You may ask, "why are you in the business school Liz if you hate it so much?" I have my reasons, I hate myself sometimes for this decision, but to put it simply I do not support corporate America and I do not intend on taking over the world and exploiting everyone and anything I can just so I can live in a mansion on the eastside with a hummer.

I'm a hater.

On a better note I finally returned the Cd's I borrowed from the library. I've been walking around the city recently exploring and such. Seattle has so many neighborhoods and things to do that sometimes finding new things to do or see seem endless. This is quite wonderful, yes?

My legs are sore as F! I walk really aggressively on the streets with my head down and music blasting. I'm completely in my own world of thought. Sometimes I wonder what I'm missing on these powerwalks of mine. There's a genuine curiosity but I have such a fear of eye-contact that i can't risk this by observing my surroundings.

Anyway after class I planned on meeting Ashley for some frozen yogurt--fro yo, as it is so dearly called at Shy Giants at the market. It's the best fucking place for frozen yogurt. [Side note:: I think you have to understand how much I love frozen yogurt and how frustrating it is to have less than a handful of frozen yogurt joints in Seattle]. But by the time we got there it was closed! So we just walked around the market and ran into a gelato place on 1st ave. Mmm...chocolate hazelnut and caramel gelato. So good.

We made our way to the library, which was a first for Ashley. She got a library card and the man at the desk was a hater too. He was talking so much shit about all the problems the library has. He is my new friend I think. I don't know his name but I know where he works and what he looks like, that's enough right? We explored and got hella lost--that's right hella lost, which is totally fine considering how cool everything was in there. The red floor is something out of a horror movie or a bad dream. Reminds me of blood or being completely panicked and lost. It was also kind of scary with those homeless people popping out of dark corners like they were. I go to the library really just to rent cd's, which i then in turn upload onto my computer but I really like to get out of U-district.

As we were leaving this man comes into the elevator with us , and you can tell this man has good character by his dress. He's wearing a peculiar suit with faint pink stripes. And anyway I'm fussing my camera and we start chatting and he tell us he's from South Carolina and yadda yadda and then out of no where he asks me "do you want to take a picture of me?" I like him more. I'm always scared of taking pictures of people, and being a passive seattlelite i never ask. Look at him, he looks so cool.

I became a member of the Seattle Symphony campus club today. I've been trying to see the symphony forever but it's so expensive and I never got around to go. But the campus club thing lets you see the symphony for 10bucks. I'm so excited.

We then walked to Chinatown. Shit the walk from downtown to Chinatown is sketchy. I honestly felt scared walking through
pioneer square, and not the "scared" I feel walking home at night in u-dist, but "fuck I hope nobody jumps me for my camera." [Yeah Tim I know what you're thinking. Suck it ]. And fuck I don't know why I was carrying my camera around in that area anyway.

We ate at this tiny Hong Kong style restaurant in Chinatown. I got these rice noodles in broth with tofu and chinese broccoli. It was delicious. What I love about Chinatown is that the food is sooo good and so cheap. Eating in Chinatown makes me think about how much money I spend on overpriced shit. This gigantic bowl cost me about the same of my soy cappuccino. This makes me sick. I can't help myself though. I'm a mess. My life revolves around foood. This blog can easily and will probably become a food documentation blog. Prepare yourself for the glutton that is me.

Although I definitely foresee school being horrible, I have a good feeling about this quarter. I am expecting fun, adventures, lots of learning and new experiences--bike rides, picnics, canoing, frisbee-ing, wine, beer, and coffee drinking, Seattle neighborhood exploration adventures, you name it. Shiiiittttt, it's going to be good.

I've been experimenting with making wee worlds from panoramic shots. I'll post them later along with a few other projects. I'm trying to do everything and anything to avoid homework! enjoy!

On a final note:
I like flannel. If there were more opportunities for little Chinese girls to be excellent lumberjacks I think I would be happier. But I can settle for marrying a lumberjack instead. I can live vicariously through him.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

racist pig